During the design phase of the kitchen, you have to choose the right material for each component. The plurality of materials available for making the sink is very interesting. Some of the most commonly used are:
– the stainless steel: modern, aesthetic and resistant to shocks, corrosion and scratch resistance, it is lightweight and easy to install. The hygienic material, easy maintenance. These are also easy to work with if you want to install a garbage disposal unit ex. bestgarbagedisposalreviews.net/insinkerator-badger-5.
– the resin: choosing a resin sink is a good alternative between stainless steel and heavier materials. Modern, it offers surprising possibilities of decoration, the composition of various shapes and colors. Its quality depends on that of the alloy of the associated composite elements during its manufacture;
– the stone: sandstone, marble, and granite give a very elegant side to your kitchen, traditional or contemporary. The stone appears as a profitable investment over time. If you choose a stone sink, pay attention to the big thermal shocks and the possibilities of scratches according to the chosen variety;
– the ceramic: it is used for the manufacture of sinks, which fit perfectly into a rustic kitchen or industrial. Choosing a ceramic sink means opting for a type of arrangement often imposing, more suited to large enough surfaces. The ceramic is very resistant to time and easy to maintain
– the polished concrete: trendy, the polished concrete decorates the kitchen from floor to ceiling;
– the glass: still not very widespread in the hexagon and quite expensive, the glass is on the other hand very aesthetic and offers a superb rendering.
Choosing a new kitchen sink is always a challenge. We break down what you need to know below.
Determine the characteristics
A kitchen sink has several features. It is up to you to judge, according to your needs, which ones suit you best. Do you often wash dishes? How many people live in the home? Do you have a dishwasher? Will this sink be the main one or a secondary to perform some simple tasks?
Identify your needs to help you choose a sink that meets your expectations. Several aspects should be taken into account when thinking about: the configuration (one tray, two trays, shape, etc.) of the sink, the material (stainless steel, ceramic, etc.) , Integrated, installed, etc.), associated accessories (valves, crusher, grille, etc.) and price. You’ll want a good kitchen faucet too obviously. Read about them here bestkitchenfaucets.net.
Measure the space
If your budget allows you, you could afford to choose a sink that has all the features you want; You have to have enough space to accommodate it! In fact, before you start hunting at the sink, choose its location and take precise measurements of the surrounding surface and space under the sink. You will then be able to start shopping for models that fit your space.
However, if your kitchen is undergoing renovation or construction, you could afford to adapt it to the sink of your dreams. Choose the model and dimensions you like and pass on its information to the person in charge of the design of your new kitchen (contractor, interior designer, cook, yourself…)
Find a budget
Budget is a crucial aspect of choosing the sink. Indeed, you will not be able to get the sink of your dreams without the necessary funds. Also, plan the exact amount you want to allocate to this project before starting the concrete steps. Count the price of the sink, accessories and fitting – especially if you have it done by a professional.